Sunday, September 30, 2007

One Test Down...

Steve completed the first of his four major tests toward getting his dental license yesterday. The exam yesterday, the North East Regional Board (NERB) was the "manikin" portion, where they are required to cut a crown preparation, a bridge preparation, do a root canal access on a back tooth, and do a complete root canal on a front tooth. After weeks of practicing, we are both fairly confident he passed without a problem. Next with be the written portions of the NERB and the National Board, Part 2. That will be a three day computerized exam that covers most of dentistry, basic sciences, and other dentist-y stuff. Then he will wrap up his exam schedule with the patient NERB. Whew.... that is a lot more demanding and gruelling than the bar exam in my opinion. We will both be relieved when this is finally over and Steve is an officially licensed dentist.

On the subject of the bar exam, I hope to have only 4 or so weeks of waiting for results. We shall see when they finally get around to publishing them. I haven't decided whether I am excited to get the results or scared half to death that I will not be happy with them. Not that I have any real fear that I didn't pass, but you just never know...

No comments: