Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Getting Sworn In

Today I became officially an attorney able to practice in the state of Michigan (except for the last little step of paying my bar dues and getting my license number). The entire swearing in process (from entering to leaving the courtroom) took less than 15 minutes. Most of that was eaten up filing papers in the clerk's office and waiting for the copy of my order after the swearing in.

The actual ceremony took just a couple minutes and involved two oaths and signing two papers. So now, after paying $300 something more, I will have my license. Anyone need an attorney???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember when you were in first grade and you came home from school and shut the door and it didn't stay shut? You slammed the door and then swore! That was the first time you got sworn in, or was it a sore end??? Congratulations, I knew you would do it! Love you lots,
MOM