Thursday, April 19, 2007

F*I*N*I*S*H*E*D



That's right folks - Jen's last law school class was last night! The joy of reading for law school is now over. The highlighters were thrown away today in celebration and the textbooks were removed from the livingroom and put into the closet. And... the studying has just begun.




I've got one final next Thursday (April 26) and one final the following Tuesday (May 1), then all I have to do before graduation is party with my classmates at the "Grad Bash" on May 3rd and show up for the big ceremony. It seems like the last three years have flown by. There have been so many pleasant changes and memories, but also many things (like Civil Procedure) that I'd like to forget. Here's a small re-cap of the big events from the last three years...




1. We get Maize on my birthday, just before the start of second semester.


2. Melissa and Glenn get married the weekend right after final exams second semester of law school. My grades suffer as a result of too-much-to-do-itis, but I kept the full scholarship.


3. Steve's sister Tammy has two boys, 13 months apart (Connor and Noah).
4. I complete an Internship with the Washtenaw County Probate Court - I am later offered a job by the court as Deputy Probate Register (basically assistant court administrator) and hold that position for about nine months.


5. I quit work to go back to school full time as a day student in November 2006. For one of my classes I get to work in the prosecutor's clinic in the Lenawee County placement. At the placement I get to do my first jury trial, which results in a guilty verdict.
6. I get to graduate..... almost :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud roomie!!! I wish you guys the best, and love seeing pics of your doggie. Also ,I am pleased to see that Steves sister is also crazy and having kids very close together:) Take care