Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A Treatise on Take Home Exams

By Jennifer Obreiter

Back in high school it would have been a thrill to have a take home exam, but I now know better. Take home exams are uncool. They take 5 times longer than a regular exam in class would, they are graded harder because you had the ability to take it home and use every resource and as much time as you would like, and inevitably some kid with too much time on their hands spends an inordinate amount of time on their take home exam and ruins the grades of the normal kids. Oh well. I do not have enough time to be that kid with too much time on his hands, I do not even have enough time on my hands for the everyday things that need to be done, like the 2 weeks worth of ironing which is undone or the 2 weeks worth of dishes which are clean and in the dishwasher for the second full week in a row. I need a personal assistant. And on that note, I need to get back to studying now that I have completed the take home exam.

No comments: