Today was such a long, bittersweet day. I am thrilled to be officially done with law school, but sad to leave the many friends I have made there. It is one of those moments when you realize how important the people you have struggled with have become for you. I know that many of these friends will be people I will lose touch with, and althought I do not want that to become reality, it is the sad inevitability as we all become busy professionals.
It was wonderful to have so many friends and much family with me for graduation, but unfortunately Grandma and Grandpa Hodges, who have been so important, couldn't be there because of some health issues. We had an after get together with them, but it wasn't quite the same as sharing the event. But... we have spent so many happy days with them during the law school period so all is not lost.
And, tonight I am so tired that I have done nothing but laid on the couch, half asleep, since getting home around 6 p.m. It didn't help that I was so excited that I woke up at 4:30 and didn't go back to bed. It probably also wasn't a great idea to stay up so late laughing at old times the night before - but such is life.
And so... the end of a chapter and the beginning of another, yet unknown, yet unnamed adventure. We are off to Washington DC next week to relax and hopefully gain some clarity. Stay tuned, the best is yet to come :)
Saturday, May 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment